Essentials For Every Home: Curated by Li Chi Pan
You might have seen some of her photos on Instagram. This is Li Chi, a twenty-something designer / blogger / Master's student from Johannesburg, South Africa - currently relocated to Sydney, Australia. She loves everything design-related, and her passion is exemplified through her amazing photography on Instagram. Through her blog, she hopes to share her uncontrollable love of food, travel and photography with all of you.
Naiise catches up with this amazing girl to find out more about creating a minimalistic home space. Check out her curated picks over here!
1. Hello Li-Chi! Tell us more about yourself and what you do.
I'm Taiwanese born South African - currently studying for my Masters of Architecture at the University of Sydney. I've been nomadic my whole life!
2. How is design relevant to you?
My love for design really took off once I started my degree in design & architecture. It's what I do for a living and am madly in love with. It applies to the buildings I design and has an influence on the way I photograph everyday scenes.
3. You’ve got a really beautiful Instagram feed! Any tips for photography and styling?
I would encourage people to select a 'theme'. For me - it was having a 'clean' aesthetic with occasional pops of colour. Using photo editing apps also goes a long way. A few of my favourite apps to use are: VSCOcam, Afterlight, Whitagram and PicsArt. VSCO and Afterlight have an amazing range of filters for you to play with! Go crazy!
When styling - I always have a vision on what I want to achieve by the end. Don't be afraid to stand on chairs or get a friend to help you to take a photo!
4. Thank you for curating this collection. What are your top three design essentials from this collection, and why?
- Vintage Collection Bed Frame: A good bed frame is essential when styling your home. It's where you sleep and dream. I like to wake in beds that are unique and beautiful. This bed frame is just that!
- Tuscan Fig Travel Candle: Every house needs a good aromatic candle for you to relax / de-stress.
- frankLW Tray Platter: I'm studying Architecture and I just fell in love with the simple and clever take on the tray.
5. What is your dream home like?
My dream home is currently in the making. I want it to be adored with beautiful prints and furniture. I like to keep the tones and hues quite muted.
In curating this collection, I was aiming for a minimalistic style with products and furniture that really resonated with me. I like furniture and design that is unique in the small details and am an avid fanatic of beautiful prints.
6. If you could sum up your life philosophy in just one sentence, what would that be?
Work hard and stay humble!